Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT, not in home country

ParmeetBParmeetB Alum Member

Hi there. I live in Asia. But as it turns out, I'm travelling to the US in November and I was wondering whether I can take the November LSAT there, even though I'm not a citizen or a resident. I'm guessing it shouldn't matter? Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

I'm pretty sure you can. I've heard of people taking the exam outside the US even though they aren't citizens of that country.

• TrinkSchokoTrinkSchoko Free Trial Member
    69 karma

Yes you can. You simply need one qualified ID. It’s not like they will check your tax return or something. I’ve used my foreign passport for all LSAT tests I took.
    However, I’d suggest making a plan to adjust to jetlag, to the local food and to bring your own pencil/snacks if you already get used to them. Good luck!

• ParmeetBParmeetB Alum Member
    43 karma

@TrinkSchoko said:
    However, I’d suggest making a plan to adjust to jetlag, to the local food and to bring your own pencil/snacks if you already get used to them. Good luck!

Damn. Yeah I didn't think about that. Thanks !

43 karma

@Kermit750 said:
    I'm pretty sure you can. I've heard of people taking the exam outside the US even though they aren't citizens of that country.

Thanks!

43 karma

Any way I can confirm this? Would calling LSAC help?

• brizzle525brizzle525 Alum Member
    139 karma

I'm an American, but taking the October LSAT in Japan, as my husband is active duty military and we are stationed here. I'm sure you'll be fine.

43 karma

@brizzle525 said:
    I'm an American, but taking the October LSAT in Japan, as my husband is active duty military and we are stationed here. I'm sure you'll be fine.

This is great. Thanks ! :)

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Yeah you’re fine a lot of times people travel one country over bc their country doesn’t offer the lsat.

• VibrioVibrio Alum Member
    625 karma

I'm also in Asia, and have to travel abroad every time I take the test. Just make sure your entry visa documents to the country are valid and will be received in time. You don't want to end up having to postpone the test because you were denied entry/ had to delay entry to the country for other reasons.