Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for Reviewing September LSAT

Mia FairweatherMia Fairweather Alum Member
in General 221 karma

So unfortunately for those of us who are retaking the LSAT in November explanations for the September 2018 probably won't be available until after we sit for our November exam so I'm looking for any tips to help me( and my fellow retakers) review the September 2018 LSAT. I am definitely a little concerned that I'll hit the questions that I got wrong and even after reviewing the questions I still won't understand why I got them wrong and why the correct answers are correct ?

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

When I got the the June test back, I BRed it as if it were another PT. The one difference was keeping an eye on trends since I hadn't taken that many in the 80s yet.

How do you normally BR?

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I'm not gonna lie, I'm probably not going to review the test for a while (if at all). I think at this point I'm still too emotionally invested in the score to see it as just another PT and so I'll end up kicking myself and getting upset about mistakes that I feel like I shouldn't have made.

I think that the best way to do it would be to review how you normally do, and then if there is a question(s) that you really can't wrap your head around, just post on the forums and I'm sure one of us who took in September will be able to work on it too!

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

I think the Sept explanations should be up before Nov LSAT or JY might lead some seminars. I think that's generally the trend for these situations, although I could be wrong. I agree with @MissChanandler you might be too emotionally invested in this PT right now to objectively BR it. It might be better to wait a while before BR-ing it thoroughly. As for questions you don't understand, I believe there is a post on the forum for a mini-BR call sometime this week for LR for this PT. I know the November BR group will be doing the september LSAT (PT85) in November. You can always post questions related to specific questions like any other PT.