Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for advice on how to best prepare for 2nd attempt

Kaleighns4Kaleighns4 Alum Member
edited October 2018 in November 2018 LSAT 45 karma

I took the LSAT for the first time in September and didn't get the score I wanted, so I'm retaking in November. Does anyone have tips to help prepare for a 2nd attempt? Should I just study my weak areas and continue to take PTs? I want to make sure I am fully prepared the second time around. Let me know what you think!! :)

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Hi! I am in the same situation. My goal is to score about five points higher than my September score. There are a few things that I'm doing:
    1) I'm trying to be really honest with myself about where I could have done better in my prep. I feel pretty good about my study habits, but I wasn't as good about making sure to do basic things like drink enough water every day and eat healthier and get as much sleep as I need, so this time around I'm going to make sure to hit all of those areas.
    2) Be realistic about my goals and expectations. Of course I would LOVE to improve by more than five points, but five is realistic for me and it's what I want/need for my goal schools.
    3) Foolproofing like crazy. My first time around I didn't have access to the LG bundle, so I foolproofed using PTs from the 40s-60s. This time I'm going through 1-35.
    4) Taking five section PTs. I was really really good about stimulating conditions with bubble sheets, timing, location, all that stuff, but I didn't do any five section PTs. I'm not sure if it hurt me or not on test day, but I think this time around I'll do at least a few five section tests leading up to the real thing.