Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC Forum

Andrew AlterioAndrew Alterio Alum Member
edited October 2018 in General 394 karma

Hi guys,

LSAC offers a forum in which they have workshops about the LSAT and law school apps, as well reps from many of the schools who are there to talk to you. The NYC one is coming up at the end of October.
Questions: if I don't plan on applying until next year, would it still be beneficial for me to attend the workshops and meet with the law schools? Is there an advantage to attending the forum a year early? Is the event even worth attending at all? If there is benefit, what is it and how can I benefit most?
Would appreciate feedback from anyone who was in my situation or who has in general attended the forums.

Comments

• gettysburggettysburg Alum Member
    126 karma

I attended the LSAC forum last year and the year previously even though I knew that this year would be the earliest cycle I'd apply to -- I definitely think it's worth it to go. They're pretty interesting, the panels provide some useful info, and it's nice to hear about different programs at various law schools (scholarship programs, resources for URM/first gen students, etc.) Also, the forums are great if you're a big fan of glossy brochures.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that you'll learn anything groundbreaking but at the very least, I find the forums very motivating and energizing. I remember one panel in particular where attorneys discussed their day-to-day lives in their respective careers ranging from a corporate attorney at a large firm to a municipal judge to a solo practitioner. Very valuable insight.