Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Northwestern Work Experience

I have read about Northwestern accepting students with one or more years of work experience. Does anyone know what kind of work experience? I have had two 4 month internships relating to accounting/law and have also served as a tutor for over a year. However, I was wondering whether the work experience they look for has to be all law related.

Comments

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

I recently attended a law school admissions panel discussion where Northwestern was present. They stated that work experience doesn't need to be law related. When attendees followed up and asked what type was "best" their answer was: just do something you're truly passionate/interested in.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

No, it doesn't have to be law related. It's more that they like students who have 1+ years of full time, post-college work experience. But that doesn't mean K-JDs aren't accepted - they are. But it's a little friendlier to older folks who have more full time experience, and it doesn't have to be related to law.

• radpatel97radpatel97 Alum Member
    edited October 2018 71 karma

This was really helpful. Thank you!