Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Effective methods for improving score

bmkln1234bmkln1234 Alum Member

i took the september LSAT, and i think nerves and lack of timed pt's played a large role in my low score. I'm trying to make at least a 5 point jump, and I want to make sure i'm being as effective as possible when studying. what is the best way to evaluate your weaknesses and improve them? my lowest section was RC, and i struggle with timing on LG. i've been taking two timed pt's per week since the september LSAT, but i'm not sure what the best method is when going back through your wrong answers. any tips!?!?

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

If you can provide your section breakdown (ex LR-1,LG-4,RC-12,LG-8) that would be helpful in diagnosing your issues and where you need to study.

• bmkln1234bmkln1234 Alum Member
    27 karma

@Ohnoeshalpme said:
    If you can provide your section breakdown (ex LR-1,LG-4,RC-12,LG-8) that would be helpful in diagnosing your issues and where you need to study.

LR-9, LR-7, LG-8, RC-12

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited October 2018 2531 karma

Just focus on LG for now. Foolproof all games from 1-35 and you should be able to grab some (relatively) easy points.

Improving RC and LR is more involved and requires significantly more time. “Jump” implies that you are trying to apply this cycle so it’s unlikely that you’ll be able to make any major improvements in LR or RC in one month.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Sorry if you've already answered this, but have you finished the CC?

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

One thing that I would recommend (as someone who took September and is also retaking in November) is to make sure that you’re PTing under strict conditions. No extra time for bubbling, use a scantron sheet, take at least one 5 section test

• Wait whatWait what Alum Member
    244 karma

If you are missing flaw questions I would check out the Trainer. Understanding flaws and being able to spot them quickly in a stimulus will be helpful when it comes to assumption, weaken, and strengthen questions, also to a lesser extent RRE questions.