Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading Comp Question Strategy

Nabintou-1Nabintou-1 Alum Member

Hi :)
Curious to know if people approach RC questions like LR (as in, when you're certain you've come across the correct ans., you pick it and leave -- without looking at any other ACs). If you do/did, why; how'd you build the confidence to get there; and are there any conditions for which you do that under (for exp., if you only notice yourself doing this when you've gone [back] to the passage to make sure the AC you're about to choose is the correct one).

Thanks!

Comments

• Victoria.Victoria. Member
    553 karma

I eliminate the other answers first then circle the best contender left standing (after verifying it with the text). Since RC answer choices are so subtle, sometimes I can only gain certainty for my choice by eliminating the others. But one huge mistake I was making before was trying to prove every answer choice was wrong instead of cautiously eliminating then trying to prove the remainder of the ACs correct. Changing this helped me to gain back a lot of lost time in RC.