Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about acceptance/rejected from Law School

DavabrahamsDavabrahams Alum Member
edited December 2014 in General 62 karma
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well. My question is that let's say that I get a 160 on the Dec LSAT and apply to brooklyn Law for the upcoming fall and get rejected, would I be able to reapply to brooklyn law after retaking the February LSAT for the coming up fall? Or is it a case of once your rejected from a school you can only apply for the next cycle. In essence if a person get's rejected can they take the exam over and reapply to the same school which they got rejected to for the same upcoming year? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    edited December 2014 1294 karma
    Hi Dav, I'm not sure about the US schools but maybe they do the same procedure that we do here in Canada? Maybe find out the last LSAT score that they will accept for this cycle. In Canada, for most schools, it is the February LSAT which gives you one more fighting chance if you were to mess up in the December exam. If that's the case, and if you were to mess up in the December exam (hope you kill it!) I'm sure you can email the schools you've applied to and inform them that you will be retaking the exam. That way, they'll defer your application until your next test. However, if they have rolling admissions, then it might put you at a disadvantage.
  • erica.brunterica.brunt Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    Okay, I do not know for sure so don't take my word... but I'm *pretty* sure that if you get rejected, you can't just reapply again for the same year. You'd have to wait until the next year (or semester if they allow spring admissions..but it seems like that's only for transfers). You could, however, get your LSAT score back, go "hmm, this could be better" and retake in February and still have some time to get it in for the fall semester. I think it's a judgment call you have to make. If you don't think your score is good enough, take it again, or take the risk. I don't think most (if any) places would allow you to apply again if you've already been rejected for that semester.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    you can ask for the school to reconsider their decision with submitting a new score, not all will even give it a thought but some may