Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practice Test without Scantron

ScrappyNotPerfectScrappyNotPerfect Alum Member
edited November 2018 in General 88 karma

Hi all,

The other day I took a PT without a Scantron out of necessity (I'd forgotten to take the one I'd printed out with me). I just wrote my answers down instead. The amount of time I had per section really shocked me. And the point increase I experienced seemed significant. It made me realize I was spending way more time being obsessive about bubbling in than I'd thought I had. I just wanted to share this experience in case it applies to anyone else -- you might be surprised how much speed you can gain by just bubbling a little bit faster! Doing a section or two without a Scantron might be a good experiment.

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

This is another reason why I think the digital LSAT is a step in the right direction. The bubble sheet will be eradicated. In any case, if you are testing before the digital version rolls out, it's definitely a good idea to work on bubbling!

• Sarri BallSarri Ball Alum Member
    74 karma

@Sprinkles fair point. the switch to digital would also totally eradicate the chance that someone could bubble their answers into the wrong questions.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited November 2018 11542 karma

@"Sarri Ball" said:
    @Sprinkles fair point. the switch to digital would also totally eradicate the chance that someone could bubble their answers into the wrong questions.

Omg yes! The amount of bubble error horror stories I've come across :sweat:

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

I also suggest bubbling by page not by question. That really helped me move along.