Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me pick my last two prep-tests! :)

Sara_3080Sara_3080 Alum Member
edited November 2018 in General 432 karma

Hi everyone!
I need help deciding on which two prep-tests I should take before the November exam! My last prep-test was #84 and it made me drop 7 points :( I've read that exam was difficult for a lot of people, so since my confidence has taken a hit, definitely not a preptest that is tooo hard, something of average diffculty. Don't want to lose all my confidence before the actual exam haha. I'm trying to pick between 78-82 so it's more recent. What do yall think? The last three I took were 83, 84, and 85.
Thanks for reading!
Sarah

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

The test is in 5 days. Are you going to take 2 full PTs, review them completely, re-mediate identified weaknesses, and then give yourself time to mentally recover in those 5 days? Seems to be a tight turn IMHO.

I would suggest lightening up the load (light drills, timed sections that you have already seen before, etc) so that you arrive to the testing center mentally fresh and ready to tackle the test with enthusiasm.

Either way, good luck!

• YouveGotMailYouveGotMail Alum Member
    78 karma

I just took PT 84 today and didn't do so hot either. But that's ok; some preptests we got the hot hand and some not so much. Regardless of what preptest you choose; it really doesn't matter. What matters is the hard work you've done.

What matters is that you've worked hard on the fundamentals of LR, LG, and RC and prepared yourself for anything the test writers will throw at you.

What matters is that you've studied to put yourself in a position to do well on any given LSAT; including the easiest and most difficult of them all.

So whatever preptest you choose and whatever questions you get come Saturday; remember that you've prepared yourself to do your best!

PS: If you need someone to talk to about the mental aspect of the LSAT check your study buddy invites :)

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Do some retakes instead! That'll boost your confidence and may highlight something you can try to drill. But I definitely don't recommend doing any more fresh tests.

• Sara_3080Sara_3080 Alum Member
    432 karma

@170isAufill said:
    I just took PT 84 today and didn't do so hot either. But that's ok; some preptests we got the hot hand and some not so much. Regardless of what preptest you choose; it really doesn't matter. What matters is the hard work you've done.

What matters is that you've worked hard on the fundamentals of LR, LG, and RC and prepared yourself for anything the test writers will throw at you.

What matters is that you've studied to put yourself in a position to do well on any given LSAT; including the easiest and most difficult of them all.

So whatever preptest you choose and whatever questions you get come Saturday; remember that you've prepared yourself to do your best!

PS: If you need someone to talk to about the mental aspect of the LSAT check your study buddy invites :)

Thank you for the encouragement :)

432 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" said:
    Do some retakes instead! That'll boost your confidence and may highlight something you can try to drill. But I definitely don't recommend doing any more fresh tests.

That's a good idea actually! I'll probably just end up retaking some old sections and doing a few new ones.

432 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:
    The test is in 5 days. Are you going to take 2 full PTs, review them completely, re-mediate identified weaknesses, and then give yourself time to mentally recover in those 5 days? Seems to be a tight turn IMHO.

I would suggest lightening up the load (light drills, timed sections that you have already seen before, etc) so that you arrive to the testing center mentally fresh and ready to tackle the test with enthusiasm.

Either way, good luck!

Yeah I decided not to go with two haha definitely too much. I think I started to feel the burnout yesterday so no more prep tests after this point! Just going to focus on review

• LivingThatLSATdreamLivingThatLSATdream Alum Member
    500 karma

Fully review 84 and then retake it timed? I like to do that when I don't do well on a PT. Usually, I can space out the review from the retake. It's a confidence boost, and you'll be reviewing the question wording that is likely to be similar to the November test. I've done this for a few PTs and my highest score from one was 177 (mostly they were ~174). There is always more to learn from a PT!

• edited November 2018 534 karma

I've found that the best way to boost my confidence and feel prepared for whatever is thrown at me on test day is to figure out the 2 question types that I am weakest on via 7Sage analytics/my own awareness of comfort, and use the 7Sage question bank to drill as many of the hardest of those question types as I can. They have a new feature where you can filter by type/difficulty and print PDFs based on that. In my case, it's RC Law passages and really hard Pure (some misc.) Grouping games. I printed basically 5 copies of 10 games & 10 passages in each category to drill over the next 2 days. Even if I get slightly better, the point is that I won't freak out on test day if I see something similar on the exam. It's basically target practice. Good luck!!!