Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discouraged

pjanderson5pjanderson5 Free Trial Member
edited December 2014 in General 238 karma
I just tried to take PT 72 and got so frustrated and thrown off that I quit during section 2. I printed it off from everylsat.com and screwed up in RC (section 1) bc I had to keep flipping back and forth looking at the passage for questions that were on the back side of the page. I had only 3 minutes to get through the last passage and got murdered by it. I started doing section 2 and was just so mad about the last section that I got through 5 LR questions in 8 minutes and nothing was making sense. I thought that it was just best if I stopped, bc I had had a long day (usually don't do PTs at night) and knew I was going to do horrible on this test.

It is especially discouraging because I scored a 165 yesterday on PT 71 and was feeling so confident. Should I still take 73 tomorrow?

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Shake it off! That sounds like a similar situation I went through. A long day CAN have such an effect on your mark. It did for me when I took mine at night.

Take it tomorrow if you can take it at a better time/in a better situation :)
  • losenriq93losenriq93 Alum Member
    5 karma
    Well in my opinion a 165 isn't so discouraging lol Unless you are consistently scoring well beyond that. Nevertheless, I completely understand how you feel. I took a PT36 at night and could not get past the 3 section. I found the text to be extremely convoluted and complex. I gave and began to feel the anxiety that I'm not going to do well. But, it's important to note that if you have put this much work for this test, you shouldn't let it get to you. Don't start a PT thinking I'm going to do terrible because remember half the battle is your demeanor. ALSO, don't take practice test at night, you've done so many things through out the day that your brain is closed to done. I learned that through pt36 and a few others. Take PT73 tomorrow with an open and confident mindset. You'll do well and be ready to kick a$$ on Saturday.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    1. print double sided if possible or try stapling pages(RC at least) back to back so you don't have that flipping problem.
    2. on test day you can't just give up and go back later, gotta push through, who knows you may ace the rest despite feeling defeated
    3. LEAVE EACH QUESTION BEHIND YOU and do not let it affect the rest of your test
    4. 10 in 10 rule is nice but not law! LSAC can easily set a test up to have more harder questions earlier and easier later so if you're 10 in 15min don't beat yourself up, for all you know you will kill the last 10or so in no time