Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to go from a 148 (untimed) to 160

lsat2019lsat2019 Member
in General 70 karma

How long will it take it improve?

Comments

• alysonf1026alysonf1026 Alum Member
    44 karma

Hi! I think this question is different for everyone. My diagnostic in August was 149 (timed). I took a PT about 2 weeks ago and got a 156. I drilled my weak points like no tomorrow. Yesterday I took a final PT and got a 163. I'm taking the LSAT tomorrow. I was pretty dedicated these last few months to studying and putting the work in. I also work full-time and am enrolled in school full-time (in other words, yes I am psycho). What I'm trying to say is it's possible, just need to dedicate yourself. Best of luck!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

What else do you have going on? And what score range will meet your admissions goals?

• lsat2019lsat2019 Member
    70 karma

I don't have anything else going besides working part-time and they accept anybody with a score of 153 +. Of course I'd like to do better than that perhaps 158-160 especially for scholarship purposes. Wondering if I should just write the LSAT until I get the desired score and apply right on the day applications open for Fall 2020. Thoughts?

• katrinagkkatrinagk Alum Member
    edited November 2018 65 karma

Mid July I took my diagnostic (timed) and got a 141. Posted a 152 on the September test and now my average is up to 158 going into the test tomorrow. Contrary to what most people say I took the Sept. test before I was where I wanted to be but it was hugely beneficial for me. Got my anxiety way down about the whole thing. I have just honestly followed the advice on here to a T. Studied with Kaplan books for a month before 7 sage and it did NOTHING. I have found that following the post CC webinar advice has been super helpful in guiding me through that "what" and "how" of tackling this. From someone who hasn't taken a timed multiple choice exam in 7 years and just finished a degree in Fine Arts I had a long way to go (and still have some to go before I really hit my goal of 165) but if I can do it ANYONE can <3 oh and this is with working full time!

You've got this!

• cehonacehona Free Trial Member
    8 karma

I would say focus on your your problem areas of logical reasoning sections after getting comfortable with games. I wouldnt waste too much time trying to get better at RC because technique can only take you so far until you hit diminishing returns. Speaking from experience. GOOD LUCK!