Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which LSAT date should I aim for?

advokatethisadvokatethis Alum Member
in General 259 karma

Hi everyone!
I have just started working my way through the CC and I'm already glad I chose 7sage as my study course. For context, I am a non-traditional applicant 7 years out of undergrad and almost 4 years out of my masters program, working full-time in a policy advisor position for a federal agency in DC. My undergrad GPA was low (2.94) so I need to rock the LSAT. My cold diagnostic a week ago before I started 7sage was a 151.

I am planning to apply next fall for the 2019-2020 cycle and I would like to apply as early as possible to give myself a good chance. I am trying to nail down which LSAT date I should aim for while still having time for a retake if necessary. I was originally thinking March 2019, but I want to give myself time to foolproof LG, drill, and take PTs so I don't know if that seems too aggressive. Would either the June or July 2019 exam be best? I am also concerned about whether the July exam possibly being digital is a positive or negative.

Comments

• Patz4lifePatz4life Alum Member
    214 karma

You can take the July test. You'll either be given the digital or printed version. However, you do have the option of seeing your score before cancelling and you'll get a free re-take. Then you can re-take in September (all digital). If you have your applications more or less finished before the Sept test you should be good to go for your applications timeline once you finish the LSAT. That's my plan anyways.

As far as digital test goes we don't really know how it'll be. The LSAC should be coming out with some type of practice program for us in the near future. As long as the writing/annotating is intuitive I don't think it'll be too much of a problem. But maybe I'm optimistic

• advokatethisadvokatethis Alum Member
    259 karma

I agree, but I don't think the digital aspect makes me hesitate as much as the whole cancelling your score. Does it look negative to schools to cancel your score rather than a plain retake?