Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Score Improvement Addendum

Avery6555Avery6555 Alum Member
edited December 2018 in Law School Admissions 14 karma

I am not sure what to say in the LSAT addendum that I think I definitely need to write. On the September 2014 LSAT, I was in my senior year of college and didn't do a great job studying - I got a 160. Then I decided I would take a few years off and get some work experience before I applied to law school. On the September 2018 LSAT, I had a serious case of test anxiety and totally bombed (I'm still not sure why I didn't cancel my score) - I got a 161. On the November 2018 LSAT, I studied with a tutor for the 8 weeks before the test, put a ton of time/effort in, and didn't freak out during the real thing - I got a 171 which was close to my PT average.

I don't feel like I have any reasons for my large score improvement (that are legitimate at least) to discuss in an addendum since I just studied harder and didn't have a panic attack during the test. I am just really not sure what to do at this point. I was hoping to get a few opinions on whether I should forgo writing the LSAT Improvement addendum? Do I just frame my test takes in a different way that might sound a little better? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Sam TylerSam Tyler Alum Member
    edited December 2018 454 karma

You didn't have as much anxiety this time, that's pretty much all you need to say. In November you worked in reframing the way you thought LSAT, didn't feel as much anxiety and was able to reach the score that properly represents your ability. They see score increases all the time, and anxiety is probably the biggest factor, this will definitely be nothing new to them.

Congrats on the awesome score!