Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

March LSAT vs June LSAT vs July LSAT

michael_theodoremichael_theodore Alum Member

Hey y'all! I've been studying for the LSAT on and off for the past couple of years. I'm in the early period of taking full-length pretests have a goal of going to law school in Fall 2020. Qualitatively and quantitatively speaking, what are the true benefits of taking the March LSAT over the June LSAT or the July LSAT over the June LSAT? Also, I'm thinking about joining a study group but I am not sure for which one. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

If you are planning on applying next cycle, then study and register for the LSAT AFTER you have reached your goal score on your practice tests. There will be no noticeable difference in test difficulty among the tests regardless of which month you take it. The test is normalized so that the difficulty and resulting scores remain unchanged over a three year cycle. However, you probably want to take the July test just because that's when they test the format change and you get a "freebie" take. Read this for more on the July test:

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/18733/why-you-should-probably-take-the-july-2019-lsat

• Qualia88Qualia88 Alum Member
    175 karma

Definitely agree with waiting to take until your ready but I do think there's something to be said about shooting for an earlier date and then postponing if you're not at your target score yet to keep a sense of focus. Also as LSAT_Wrecker said good to keep the changing of format in mind.

• michael_theodoremichael_theodore Alum Member
    253 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker Thanks for the advice! I also was considering the July test as well. But 7 more months to study does seem scary to a certain degree. However, the new format does sound like a win win situation.

• michael_theodoremichael_theodore Alum Member
    253 karma

@Qualia88 The earlier date does seem appealing just to get this out of the way. But part of me is leaning towards the June or July LSAT.