Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Selecting 2 LORs

Hi Everybody,
So I graduated from college in May 2015. A few months ago I asked 2 of my professors to write a LOR for me. I sent them my resume, my transcript, and a few of the essays I had written for their respective classes. Neither of them had any issue writing a letter for me, and I was a dedicated student throughout my college years. I went to their office hours, participated in class, and got As in both courses; however, I don't know that I was anything that special or particularly memorable (especially 3-4 years after the fact). I also had my current manager who is a corporate attorney (I am a paralegal at a hedge fund) write a LOR for me - he knows me quite well personally and professionally, and I have been working for him for 2 years now. While I know it is commonly said that your academic LORs are much more significant than your professional LORs, I think my manager's letter would likely be stronger than either of the ones that my professors wrote. So my question is....for the schools that only accept 2 LORs, should I select my 2 professors' letters? Or 1 of my professors' letters and my manager's letter?

Any opinions? Thank you!

Comments