Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC fee waiver extension

Hello! I was originally going to be applying for law school this year but decided to get a master's degree first instead, so I will not be applying until next application cycle. I had already been approved for the LSAC fee waiver, which will expire in August of 2019. I am wondering if any of y'all have experience with renewing your fee waiver? Is it as simple as just reapplying/supplying them with updated tax info in 2019?
Thanks!

Comments

• aleland13aleland13 Alum Member
    158 karma

Yes, once it expires you just reapply and go through their process again. A couple of years ago I had a waiver that expired in May and tried calling them to see if they'd extend it so I could take the June test and they just told me to reapply.

You should consider taking the test in July 2019 before your waiver expires, here's a thread that talks about why: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/18733/why-you-should-probably-take-the-july-2019-lsat

• LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    589 karma

@aleland13 good tip! thanks! I am mainly interested in the waiver so I don't have to pay the app fees but super handy for the LSAT as well. I've already taken it with a decent score but was planning for a summer 2019 retake anyway, so maybe I'll go for July.