Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions for final month of studying

aleland13aleland13 Alum Member
in General 158 karma

I’m looking for some advice on how to structure the last few weeks before the January LSAT. I’ve been PT’ing consistently in the 168-169 range for the last month and would really love to get to a 170 on test date.

My biggest weakness is LR (and loss of points) is LR where I miss anywhere from 8-10, mainly necessary assumption questions and questions containing convoluted conditional reasoning. I go -1 to -3 on LG and RC.

Anyway, I’m wondering what people suggest for these last few weeks of studying and if getting to 170+ is feasible? I’ve cleared my calendar so I can focus on the lsat full time during this time and was planning on taking and BR’ing a PT a day while continuing to foolproof the logic games for each test I take and creating LR guides for the questions I’ve missed, but I’m a little nervous that I’ll use up all the recent tests and not have any new materials if I don’t do well in January and decide to retake in March.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I think that it's possible to get a 170 but it's also possible that you'll get a 165 (and quite frankly, more likely). I would definitely not take AND BR a test every day. That's a recipe for burnout. Instead, do one or two PTs a week and drill your weaknesses like crazy. Do as many NA questions as you can get your hands on, and take the time to understand why every wrong answer is wrong and why the right answer is right.

• aleland13aleland13 Alum Member
    158 karma

@MissChanandler said:
    I think that it's possible to get a 170 but it's also possible that you'll get a 165 (and quite frankly, more likely). I would definitely not take AND BR a test every day. That's a recipe for burnout. Instead, do one or two PTs a week and drill your weaknesses like crazy. Do as many NA questions as you can get your hands on, and take the time to understand why every wrong answer is wrong and why the right answer is right.

Thanks for the advice! Definitely recognize the possibility of scoring several points lower than my average but crossing my fingers (and studying my butt off) to try to minimize that chance :)

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Definitely! It's not like you're for sure going to drop. Lots of people score right at their average and some people have really great test days. I don't think it's unreasonable to aim for 170 at all! Good luck!