Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2015 Feb Retake suggestions? Especially for international students

liuyolandaliuyolanda Free Trial Member
edited December 2014 in General 21 karma
After finishing today's test, I am determined to retake it in Feb. I feel I know which questions are hard for me and where the trap is, however, I seldom have time to reread the stimuli/re-check all the choices. I have been in the States for over 4 years, grad school+ work, but I have to admit that my reading speed and accuracy is well below the high LSAT scores...any suggestion how to increase reading speed and accuracy ( I sometimes miss some info in the stimuli and thus get it wrong. Realize how stupid I am when BR them) ??? I am an avid novel reader, maybe if should switch to Economist, forbes recently?

also, any suggestion for study schedule and strategy? I started with a diagnose of 148, after full time for two months, improved to 153 ( PT 63-75); in the recent two weeks, finally increased to 156 ( PT 69-72). My BR is usually 165 ish. so I guess I should be able to get 165 ish ( or at least lower 160s) after two more months' study?

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    so I am no international student and have big RC issues myself but the more you practice reading passages the better you get the hang of it, I know some1 who reads the economists to help RC and he's liking it. It looks like there is still a fundamental issue somewhere, when you BR you wanna try and get 170+ higher the better of course. that shows what you do understand and what you don't... do NOT rush BR just to get it done and study more, BR is soooo important take ur time to try and BR a 180 and you will start to see a bump in ur timed score
  • jennifer.lanjennifer.lan Member
    41 karma
    @jdawg113 just wondering how do you BR RC? do you re-read the passages and re-do the questions? thanks so much :)
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    I normally BR RC days later cuz I'm a terrible person... lol hate RC but yeah, I generally slowly read the passage and do the questions with referring back when needed... not timed so no need to not check back and forth
  • jennifer.lanjennifer.lan Member
    41 karma
    @jdawg113 Thanks so much!!!
  • liuyolandaliuyolanda Free Trial Member
    21 karma
    @jdawg113 thank you so much for the tips!
  • turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    770 karma
    The RC study guide that's going around had some really helpful tips on marking the passage. Even though I stay away from marking too much, simple things (like circling words that indicate the author's attitude) helped me easily identify my understanding of the author's POV for those questions.

If you haven't gotten it yet, you can find the thread on here or shoot me a message and I can email it to you :D
  • LSATRudra!LSATRudra! Alum Member
    13 karma
    Hello @turnercm !
    I do not have the material, which you willfully are talking about here, that is, the RC study guide, which purportedly helps people, you mentioned. Consequently, since obtaining it would be a godsend, the godsend being a good thing, I would like for you to send me one to su.mohan@outlook.com.
    (The LSAT has questioned my sanity *.*; the above 'argument' is a (poor attempt :( ) to practice embedded clauses! lol :D, the very last sentence would be the conclusion, so send me one please lol :D) Good Luck with your preparation!
  • liuyolandaliuyolanda Free Trial Member
    21 karma
    @turnercm can you send me one copy too? My email is liuluyang2014@gmail.com thank you so much!