Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When doing problem sets do you time yourself and throughly BR?

ChiChi55ChiChi55 Alum Member
in General 177 karma

Do yo time yourself when doing the problem sets in the CC? And do you throughly BR the problem sets?

I am already familiar with the LSAT as I've taken it before but I'm trying to go through the CC as if I know nothing. As of right now I've been doing the problem sets untimed and instead of BR after, for each question in the set I say or circle why the AC is wrong and why the answer choice is right. So I sort of do a quick BR while doing the questions untimed if that makes sense. Since I am familiar with the test already the problem sets I have done (I've only gone through two) have been the easiest ones so BR just seemed pointless as I was 100% confident in the answer choices. But...I also wasn't timing myself. Since I'm not too far along if I'm doing this completely wrong I want to change my ways now versus later!

Comments

• KarenKnowsAllKarenKnowsAll Core Member
    46 karma

Bump

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

@KarenKnowsAll said:
    Bump

J.Y mostly makes the problem sets easiest to hardest. What you can do to give yourself some time restraint is to do the problem sets with 50% and/or 100% extra time. Personally I don't think the problem sets are a fair representation of the difficulty of what you get on the real test. For example, the last problem set will typically have all 4 or 5 star questions (this might be representative of the last 5 questions in an LR section), but typically your first 20 questions will have a mixture of easy, medium, and hard questions. It's best to focus on technique and skill in the problem sets, and if that takes you tackling the question with unlimited time, I say go for it.

Worry about time when you are drilling.