Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many PT's i to be done?

NathanialNathanial Alum Member
edited December 2014 in General 124 karma
Was just wondering what some of you thought is an optimum amount of PT's to do in a week or maybe even a day? I just started and feel like I can learn more If I don't take breaks right now. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    At my peak, I did 3-4 per week. This may or may not work for you, depending on when you plan to take the exam and how well you understand the material. The issue is that you don't want to burn through PTs too quickly, lest you run out of study material closer to test day (or when studying for a retake). As many around here will tell you, the real learning happens during the blind review; focusing on understanding each and every question in depth will yield better results than will taking a test every day without understanding your mistakes. Whatever study pace you set should allow ample time for BR and treat PTs like the finite (and precious) commodity that they are.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    the biggest thing here is burning out, burning through PT's and no BR time. if you are the kind of person that can go crazy and not burn out then awesome and you are lucky lol. 73(74 after dec release) may seem like a lot of PT's but you will eventually realize its not as much as it seems so you dont wanna go through them all too quickly and then have no fresh tests. plus it always good to have some drill stuff set aside. then there is BR... if you are constantly PTing then you wont have much time to properly BR which is the most important thing to do. you need to go through and break down the PT and your thought process and if you are doing 3/4 PTs a day everyday you will not have anywhere near enough time to properly BR them
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    It sort of depends on your mental endurance. Are you studying full-time or do you have a full-time job? The typical response is 2-3 PT's a week with BR.
  • LSATPWNAGELSATPWNAGE Alum Member
    43 karma
    3 a week worked for me. I still had enough time to BR and could see my PT scores improving weekly. BR is the key to improvement so just make sure you leave enough time for it.
  • NathanialNathanial Alum Member
    124 karma
    Thanks everyone. That definitely makes sense. I just finished 2 now and can feel subconciously my BR time going down. Im gonna aim for 4 a week, giving my self 8-9 hours in a day to write the exam and then BR it thoroughly so I don't waste time.