Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets be honest, how can I just score in the mid 150s i'm not looking to go to a T-14

BabyYoda15BabyYoda15 Live Member
in General 32 karma

What type of studying do I need to do to get in the mid to high 150s, I've never been a good test taker and I genuinely just need help on to know what I need to study, how long I Need to study. I haven't been doing the best with studying and I take my LSAT for the 3rd time in January. I need help PLEASE!!!!

Comments

• joelkang72joelkang72 Member
    17 karma

I would say the easiest way is to get perfect or near perfect on your logic games. If you get 20q right on lg, and 15 on rc, and 15 on lr, that is a raw score of 50, which should translate to 156-158.

Another piece of advice is if you aren't needing over 160, take the lsat with the intention of not finishing each section. For RC for example, forget the last passage and devote all your time to maximize your accuracy in the 3 passages and then guess all E for the last 6-7 questions. By doing so, you might be able to get 15-20 questions right. The same thing with LR, try to get at least 15/20 in the first 20 questions and perhaps you can get 1 or 2 questions right by guessing all E for the last 5 questions.

This strategy is practical advice that might be best for your specific case.

• BabyYoda15BabyYoda15 Live Member
    32 karma

@joelkang72 What would be the best way to study using this program then to achieve this?

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

It really, really depends. How have you studied so far? What are you currently scoring? Timed? Blind Review? What’s going on within each section?

• BabyYoda15BabyYoda15 Live Member
    32 karma

@"Cant Get Right" I've studies using the course syllabus and I take notes one each section using my notes, my times are sometimes longer than what they should be and im scoring in the low 140s.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

@"fordj7-1-1" said:
    @"Cant Get Right" I've studies using the course syllabus and I take notes one each section using my notes, my times are sometimes longer than what they should be and im scoring in the low 140s.

Are you BR’ing? If not, then you can probably make a lot of progress just by adopting less sloppy study strategies. Your first study goal needs to be to BR consistently in the low-mid 160’s. If you can’t do it with unlimited time then you definitely can’t do it time-restricted. You want to BR a bit above your target score so that you don’t have to execute perfectly. Your BR represents your theoretical maximum, so you want a little room to breathe.

As far as what to focus on, it’s impossible to diagnose without getting into, but from what I know, my expectation is that there’s probably a lot of grammar stuff you can benefit from drilling down. Just being able to cut through the grammar fluff and quickly ID the core components of a sentence’s subject, verb, and complement is an enormous skill that goes a long, long way. So I’d recommend looking into that and then reassessing once you’ve made some good progress there.

• joelkang72joelkang72 Member
    17 karma

@BabyYoda15 said:
    @joelkang72 What would be the best way to study using this program then to achieve this?

The most important thing is to focus on accuracy (not speed). My point was that if you feel rushed trying to tackle every single question, the chances are that you will make more errors and get less correct as opposed to answering 75% of the questions and trying to get almost perfect on those. It is much better to answer 17 questions per section and get 100% on those (17 correct), rather than answering 25 questions and getting only 50% correct (12/13 correct). In essence, you are trying to get all the "easy" questions correct and not wasting time trying to get the hardest questions correct.

My practical suggestion is to take some practice tests untimed and don't move on to the next question until you are quite certain you got the question right. If you are able to get over 160 by doing untimed tests, then you know you have the ability to solve them and that should translate to you getting at least 155 on the real-timed test.