Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Books that help with the LSAT

BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
edited January 2019 in General 1694 karma

Meditations - Helpful for two reasons: one, helps you keep focus during studying and tests; two, helps you acquire a heart like a calm and reflective lake. (10/10 Most Recommended)

Fooled by Randomness - Helpful for two reasons: one, helps put into context many of the abstract RC topics; two, it helps you overcome instinctual trap answers. (10/10 Most Recommended)

Thinking Fast and Slow - Helpful for two reasons: one, helps put into context many of the abstract RC topics; two, it helps you overcome instinctual trap answers. (9/10 Highly Recommended)

Predictably Irrational - Helpful for two reasons: one, helps put into context many of the abstract RC topics; two, it helps you overcome instinctual trap answers. (8/10 Recommended)

Please do share if you guys have some recommended readings for improving your LSAT performance.

Comments

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    973 karma

Reading Like a Writer isn't a specific to LSAT book, and it has a more literary bent, but it's very well-written and interesting and uses examples from tons of real and famous books. I'd say it's very helpful for RC, in that it teaches the skills of breaking apart sentences and passages, analyzing for tone, examining the meaning or usage of a specific word in the passage's context, etc---all helpful RC tools.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

@hawaiihi said:
    Reading Like a Writer isn't a specific to LSAT book, and it has a more literary bent, but it's very well-written and interesting and uses examples from tons of real and famous books. I'd say it's very helpful for RC, in that it teaches the skills of breaking apart sentences and passages, analyzing for tone, examining the meaning or usage of a specific word in the passage's context, etc---all helpful RC tools.

Oh, interesting suggestion. I just checked it out on google books. The first chapter almost dissuaded me from the value of it, but the second chapter starts to provide tangible value, in particular by pointing out examples of key words and phrases about the tone and intentions of the writer. This is super helpful for people who have trouble intuitively reading passages with a critical mind. Thanks for sharing!