Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this a good way to study for June LSAT?

cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
in General 917 karma

So I finished the core curriculum and started taking practice tests a few months ago. I take a practice test every other day and review the test I took on my off days. I was told that the best way is just to practice by taking as many tests as possible and learning from them. I really want to complete at least 70 tests by the time I hit June (im at around 20) and so I feel very pressured to keep this routine. However i do see a downside of this method because I feel like I don't have much time to practice drills or foolproof logic games. When reviewing my PTs on my off days, I look at every question(even the ones I got right) which is why it takes me around 6-7 hrs. My scores fluctuate but its mostly been around 168 on PTs(14-32). I was just wondering if you guys think its more important to lay off taking tests and spend more time drilling games and certain question types or to keep on with this method?

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

I take a practice test every other day and review the test I took on my off days... I really want to complete at least 70 tests by the time I hit June (im at around 20)... I was just wondering if you guys think its more important to lay off taking tests and spend more time drilling games and certain question types or to keep on with this method?

Unless you have a damn good reason to take the June LSAT, I suggest bringing your pace down and taking the July or September administration. Because....

I feel like I don't have much time to practice drills or foolproof logic games.

...chances are you are probably right. Taking a PT every two days sounds like a really fast pace. Tackle 2-3 PTs every week with a healthy amount of drilling and foolproofing to ensure you are maximizing your interaction with each PT, as opposed to "burning" it. You do not want to retake this test.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

70 PTs is ridiculous. Instead, I'd spend my time recording PTs and BRing the hell out of them. If you're scoring 168 then you're already at a point where most of the questions you are missing are difficult questions. I don't think forcing yourself to take 70 PTs is the answer here. I'd focus on quality BRing. But you're in a great place.

• 246 karma

@jonathansaleh said:
    So I finished the core curriculum and started taking practice tests a few months ago. I take a practice test every other day and review the test I took on my off days. I was told that the best way is just to practice by taking as many tests as possible and learning from them. I really want to complete at least 70 tests by the time I hit June (im at around 20) and so I feel very pressured to keep this routine. However i do see a downside of this method because I feel like I don't have much time to practice drills or foolproof logic games. When reviewing my PTs on my off days, I look at every question(even the ones I got right) which is why it takes me around 6-7 hrs. My scores fluctuate but its mostly been around 168 on PTs(14-32). I was just wondering if you guys think its more important to lay off taking tests and spend more time drilling games and certain question types or to keep on with this method?

If you are already averaging around a 168 then you should be ready to kill this thing come June. However, I don’t think your study plan is great. If you really plan on taking as many as possible I recommend just skipping up to about PT 50 and work your way up from there. The more recent tests are different and you will gain more by focusing on them. 36 PTs is plenty. If I were you I would start taking tests twice a week and spend 2 days thoroughly blind reviewing. Then I would take a day and just drill whatever your week spot is. If it is Logic games make sure to redo every single game from the PTs you are taking if you don’t understand it on this day and I would also go
    Back to the older PTs (32-50) and pull games from these and just do like 7-8 on this day. If it is RC I would also just do like 7-8 passages from (32-50) on these days. If it’s LR then I would review the CC for whatever type of questions your getting wrong. Take at least one day a week off too you want to avoid burnout.