Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to "study" when you're on the couch

d__villad__villa Alum Member
in General 98 karma

Hi there!

What do you guys review or study when you're not exactly focused and just hanging out? Any flashcards or anything? I was thinking about making some flash cards for various question stems. Curious to see what others do when they're not "in the zone" but still trying to be productive.

Comments

• KeepCalmKeepCalm Alum Member
    807 karma

Hey there! This isn't exactly lsat specific but when I am just not "in the zone" I like to play sudoku. The game strategy is very similar to logic games and it stimulates my brain in much the same way. This is purely anecdotal, but I have noticed that the more I play sudoku on my freetime the more keen I become when making inferences on logic games.

Sidenote: Making flashcards is a great idea! You could even make virtual flashcards via Quizlet.com :smile: I use Quizlet to make flashcards for the different types of flaws, question stems, conditional statements, key terms, etc.

• Persevere QuePersevere Que Alum Member
    23 karma

Hey, when I am trying to be productive but still bs'n I like to review the logical indicators for LR. I made flash cards, but under "Intro to Logic" there is a section I think its called "conditional indicators drill" where JY shows a little game that a student made. I find that to be very helpful and productive. Hope this helps! :smiley:

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

check out the webinar videos.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I'd say reading or watching documentaries, especially science/history- sometimes just being more comfortable with scientific vocabulary, etc. makes reading comp a lot easier

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I used to have flash cards with the valid/invalid argument forms and logical indicators on them that I’d flip through while netflixing every so often.

• PeaceofmindPeaceofmind Alum Member
    446 karma

I listen to 7Sage podcasts when I’m in the gym or eating

• 1Science1Art1Science1Art Alum Member
    269 karma

Similar to what KeepCalm said about Sudoku, it's not lsat specific but I like to do the New York Times crossword puzzle. There is a sense of keeping time as the stopwatch starts as soon as you begin, and there are always interesting words to learn which might help in RC. hope this helps

• KeepCalmKeepCalm Alum Member
    edited February 2019 807 karma

@1Science1Art That's a good idea! I am going to try out the NYT crossword puzzles as well :blush: