Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC Drilling Method

I have until June to improve from a -6 average on RC to -2. I've only just now discovered the question bank on 7sage and am thinking about using it to drill RC. I figured the best approach is to simply pick the earliest test range 1-16 and start with the medium passages and work my way up to the hardest passages. Then repeat with the next test range. I feel like if I were to incorporate JY's explanations and writing out low res summaries for each passage. I figure with this approach improvement is bound to happen. Has anyone tried something similar?

Comments

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

I should add, I'm contemplating whether or not it would be more efficient to focus on the "hard" and "hardest" passages instead of starting with medium passages.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I think your method sounds good. You have more than three months until the June test- I think that if you put in a few passages per day between now and then, you'll be able to make improvements.

2186 karma

@MissChanandler said:
    I think your method sounds good. You have more than three months until the June test- I think that if you put in a few passages per day between now and then, you'll be able to make improvements.

Whew I hope so! There's definitely no shortage of difficult passages so at least I don't have to worry about running out of material! Also congrats on your 172!

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Aww thank you! Lots of hard work and help from 7sage haha

• Patz4lifePatz4life Alum Member
    214 karma

Your method is good but do note that the more recent RCs are a bit harder and there's now a comparative passage that you won't get in the older tests

2186 karma

@NickIllini said:
    Your method is good but do note that the more recent RCs are a bit harder and there's now a comparative passage that you won't get in the older tests

Good point! I haven't found the comparative passages to be any easier or any more difficult than the rest of them but it's certainly important to be exposed to them properly. I've never really drilled them. Only exposure has been in timed PTs.