Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About LSAC gpa conversion..

Hello, I'm sorry if this question has been already asked. I go to an UK university where it has its own gpa conversion scale. Even if my school calculates gpa for me, do I still have to send my transcripts to LSAC so that they can evaluate my grades? I still have one and a half year left; if my gpa is somewhere between 3.4 and 3.5 with high LSAT score above 172, will I have chance for tier 14 law schools?

Comments

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

LSAC's rules about international transcripts are at https://www.lsac.org/applying-law-school/jd-application-process/cas/requesting/international-transcripts. You must send your official UK transcripts to LSAC for evaluation. Any law schools who receive your Credential Assembly Service report will see copies of your transcripts with your university GPA calculation as well as the LSAC academic assessment. As an international candidate, law schools will only report your LSAT score for ranking purposes, not your GPA. Your chances at a T14 are dependent on many factors, including timing of submission, the quality of your overall application, the LSAT medians of the schools you are considering, and how the school decides to deal with the applicant pool for that particular year. A school might find your 172 extremely attractive and try to lock you in to ensure its LSAT median. Another school might hold your application in its back pocket until later (or much later) in the cycle and focus on more traditional candidates with LSAT/GPA combinations. Your best bet would be to put together the strongest application you can, with solid letters of recommendation, a demonstrated interest in law, and excellent essays that perhaps show why you want to cross the ocean to attend law school in the US. Good luck!