Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3rd time taking LSAT. Help!

LSATsavageLSATsavage Member
in General 21 karma

This September will be my third time taking the LSAT. My first time around i went through Varsity Tutors (the absolute worst thing I could have done, not to mention wasted a ton of money) and scored a 148 on September 2018 LSAT. I took the second one in November and did my studying through LSAT Hacks. It helped me get my score up to a 155. I've been using the free services by 7sage (analytics tool and watching the LG game explanations) and I really like it. I finally decided to sign up for the course. I've learned some new things from JY in my short time here. I'm ready for Round 3!

The issue is I've already been through all the Practice Tests and it feels like my exam scores will be a bit "artificial" since I've seen them before. Is there anyway I should go around studying for this? Any help is appreciated! My goal is essentially scoring in the 165+ range.

Comments

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Hey! I feel like it will still be super helpful because you are getting questions wrong. You will be able to foolproof the games to 100% understanding and confidence on the games. It is so important to realize the value of getting the wrong answer choices like JY says. It is okay that you have been through the tests because there are still questions to improve on. I would suggest that you complete the logical reasoning and games course. Then, I would start foolproofing the games such as from preptests 1-35 and keep bundles. Keep track of what you're getting right or wrong and under the time suggested. This will be super helpful to improve!

Then, I would take some timed logical reasoning sections and reading comp just to see what I score, but also Blind Review those. Blind review allows you to see where you can improve and you want to make sure you do it correctly. Check the videos on BR and make sure you truly understand why each wrong answer is wrong, and what makes the right answer correct.

I would work on these sections, figure out my weaknesses by using analytics, drill certain question types, and work from there. I suggest you take a diagnostic practice test so you can have something to look back at for improvements as you take the test after the course. Also, it is a good idea to not mix resources and just stick with 7sage when you're studying for now. Just absorb as much info as possible, come back for drilling questions, and take full preptests under testing conditions. Good luck :smiley: