Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

problem sets.

So I have the premium plan so i dont have access for all of the problem sets. BUT i do have all the prep tests on hard copies. So here is how I am approaching this situation and i was hoping if someone can tell me if this is ok... So i am doing all the problem sets that come with my premium pack but I am saving the locked ones for after I finish the CC. So basically the plan is to do finish the CC with the problem sets that come with the premium plan and then do the locked ones(cz i have the hard copies) and only then (group 2 :D) I will start timed prep tests...
So is my method ok, or should I do all of the problem sets once?

Comments

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

I think your method should be okay, but at the same time, I would suggest that you save the locked ones still. I say that because I think you should do some timed LR sections and then blind review those. Then, you can see where you are still needing improvement and then go back to those certain sets. It just makes more sense to me to do it that way.

1) Take timed sections
    2) Blind review
    3) Put in analytics and find your weak areas
    4) Target weak areas by drilling those certain question types or sets

After this, you can start timed prep tests as well

• Is it necessary to do timed sections before timed tests? @Princess and if so from which prep tests should i take LR sections? and do you also do the timed sections with LG and RC?

• Also, when you say put them in the analytics, doesnt mean that I will waste PTs by doing timed sets, cz analytics is designed to put your answers from FULL tests right?

821 karma

For timed sections, I just used like 30s and 40s. You can do the whole test in one sitting or you can do it as timed sections, which is what I did.You can do it for all LR RC and LG. It depends on how you use analytics, so I've been using it to find my weak areas in timed LR for now. Then, I go and drill those areas. I will then eventually start PT-ing, so I might just screenshot the info and clear it out, and start over for accurate answers on full tests.

• edited March 2019 413 karma

if i do timed tests rather than sections, what the difference? cz after I finish the CC, i want to start doing timed PTs. And doesn't analytics work the same if you take timed sections or timed tests? for both cases it finds your weaknesses in each question type right?

I would love if you can tell me if most people do it your way or the other way.. So like you said i'll save the locked prob sets and after I do FULL timed PTs i can use analytics to find out my weaknesses for all of the question types and i can go on from there right?? @Princess

821 karma

I'm sure each person has their own method. This is just something that has helped me as I try to just nail down my LR and consistently try to miss only 5 or less. It helps me just get into the habit of timing and understanding LR. I'm sure you can jump straight into PTS if you like, if you think that will be better for you. I started with timed sections and am working my way up to PTs. You should try both ways and just find a way that works best for you.

• @Princess thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate it