Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prospects of Improvement by July?

pstroud97pstroud97 Member
in General 137 karma

I just took the June 2007 PT after finishing most of the CC (I was too afraid to take a diagnostic - bad idea, I know, but oh well). I scored a 162 and only a 163 on BR - is it realistically possible for me to improve to an average of 168 by the July LSAT?

Any advice, wisdom, or past experience is much appreciated.

Comments

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

Is it possible that you have a bias toward your original answer in blind review? If so, you might want to try printing out a new test that does not have your original answers and see if that helps.

• pstroud97pstroud97 Member
    137 karma

@zacharytsmith26 That's a great idea! I honestly think I was so anxious to see my score (since it was my first ever real PT) that I rushed through the BR way too fast - so hopefully my margin for improvement increases with future tests.

• 246 karma

@pstroud97 said:
    I just took the June 2007 PT after finishing most of the CC (I was too afraid to take a diagnostic - bad idea, I know, but oh well). I scored a 162 and only a 163 on BR - is it realistically possible for me to improve to an average of 168 by the July LSAT?

Any advice, wisdom, or past experience is much appreciated.

Is this the only PT you have taken? If so, I would say it is actually probable that you will improve to a 168 come July. A 162 after going through the CC once is pretty damn good. I personally saw he biggest jumps when I was consistently taking PTs and BRing. However, it is surprising that your BR was almost the same. What are your weak spots ?

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

Yes, definitely. Think about it: that was your first PT. You could take 20-30 PTs over the next 3-4 months and BR each one. You have the potential for something in the 170s. 168 is probably on the conservative side of what you should be trying to hit.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

What’s your section break down of each section?

I think a 168 is very doable by July!

137 karma

@Alex I got -5 on LG, -1 and -5 on BR, and -9 on RC (which surprised me because un-timed RC is really strong for me). Not sure how to improve speed, though.

137 karma

@"Better every day" My weakest section was RC - but I know that one is hard to improve! I do really well untimed sections, but I'm not sure how to increase my speed.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I'm really confident that you can score a 168+ by July. Keep up a steady but reasonable study schedule to avoid burnout. I would recommend about three hours a day. I'm assuming you haven't foolproofed yet- after foolproofing, I'd bet your score will go up a couple points, and then you just need to hone in a few things on the other sections for your 168