Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advice needed: selection in large firm placement statistics

Wait whatWait what Alum Member

Hi all,
So I currently I have my law school search narrowed down to 3. Indiana, Illinois, and Chicago-Kent. I've visited Kent and Indiana (both are awesome and visiting UofI end of March). I want to work for a larger firm 100+ attorneys. I've noticed that these schools place similar numbers of students into these size firms--looking at LST reports from 2017. I know that Illinois and Indiana place better in larger firms but that is considering the entire graduating class--- JD required positions and non--JD required. When you limit the population to JD required positions only the difference between the 3 for employment at firms with 100+ attorneys is not that great. My question is do you think it is safe to think about employment in this way? I know the assumption is that I would pass the bar and become a practicing attorney but at the same time I wonder how much of the high numbers in non-jd positions at Kent is do to selection?

Thanks for any input advance