Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Advice on Pre-phrasing in LR *NEEDED* and Variation in Performance (timed sec/full PTs) - 7Sage Forum

Advice on Pre-phrasing in LR *NEEDED* and Variation in Performance (timed sec/full PTs)

Hi,

I am currently at a plateau of 152 and I noticed that in timed conditions I struggle quite a bit with pre-phrasing, especially with inference-based questions, NA, WSE and RRE. I find that with WSE and RRE specifically, it is very difficult to pre-phrase because there is such a wide range of responses, and somehow I get quite a bit of NA questions wrong in timed conditions. Sometimes also, I just look at a question and struggle to see the "loophole" or the inference. I tend not to diagram because it slows me down too much and confuses me more in MBT/MSS questions. Sometimes I even "pre-phrase" an inference and then find it in the answer choices and it was wrong.

Also, I noticed that I perform consistently and significantly better on timed sections than on full PTs. I make more mistakes in full PTs than in timed sections -- especially in the first 2 sections of the test. Any ideas on why this may be?

I am aiming for between 157-160 and would appreciate any advice on pre-phrasing strategies, getting better at coming up with the right inference and consistency in test performance.

Comments

• jilliankirklandjilliankirkland Live Member
    edited September 16 60 karma

your prephrase for those should describe what a correct answer would do for the argument

• mirabambmirabamb Live Member
    53 karma

you're likely doing worse of PTs because they're longer and you're fatigued. As for pre-phrase help, The Loophole is a really great resource for this. You may also be applying too many assumptions to the argument in your current pre-phrase process, which may be contributing to picking the trap answer. You're in Live, so I recommend the Oversupplying Assumptions and Closing the Gap classes to help with this!

Good luck!