Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reaching out to the admissions office after a deadline

Mrs. SharkMrs. Shark Alum Member

I applied for binding admission at a school and was notified by email that my application was received and completed on March 5th. Their website states you will be notified of a decision within 14 business days of completing your application. It has now been over 14 business days and I have not received any decision. I am looking for advice on how to proceed. Is a phone call better than an email? Should I give it another day in case their office is really backed up?

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

If I'm counting correctly, it's been fifteen business days. Unless you are planning on accepting a different offer that has a deadline in the next day or two, I would be patient and give them another day.

• Mrs. SharkMrs. Shark Alum Member
    56 karma

@MissChanandler Thank you!

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

There is no harm in picking up the phone and asking about the status of your application in a polite and professional manner. In general, if an office is backed up, you are better off getting an answer if you speak with someone than if you send an email and it sits in an in-box. Good luck!

• Mrs. SharkMrs. Shark Alum Member
    56 karma

Thank you, @"selene.steelman"