Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waitlisted: Attending a campus visit

RA-1RA-1 Core Member
edited May 2019 in Law School Admissions 55 karma

I was waitlisted at American and plan to attend a waitlist information session and sit in on a few classes. I was wondering should i notify my admissions counselor that i will be visiting? I don't want to be annoying. This would be my second visit (i visited last summer before applications). I was waitlisted in March and so far have sent 2 letters of continued interest (1 each month).

Comments

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

You should absolutely notify an admissions officer about your visit. Don't think that you are being annoying. This is your opportunity to show demonstrated interest in your target law school. It is also a chance for you to put your face to your name/application. Treat the visit like it is an interview. Not only are you getting information about the school, but you are also showing the school what you have to offer. Here are some questions you can ask during your visit https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/what-questions-should-you-ask-a-law-school-admissions-officer/.

Also, while you are walking around the school, Try to observe faculty and students and possibly interact with them and ask questions. If you can't get a guided tour, ask if you can do a self-guided tour. Look inside the classrooms, the library, the seminar rooms, the journal offices, the faculty offices, the clinics, and the student lounge area. Ask to see the administrative offices if possible.

Questions you should ask yourself:
    Is this is the kind of school at which you would feel comfortable?
    Do you like the feel of the building, the campus, and the surrounding neighborhood?
    Do the students seem friendly and happy?
    Could you see yourself spreading out in the student lounge or library with your study group?
    Are the classrooms and common spaces clean and well maintained?
    Was the technology in the library and classrooms up to date and functional?
    Does it feel like the school is investing in the learning environment?
    Did the administrators engage with you? If you had a problem, how easy would it be to get an appointment with someone who could help you?
    How accessible are the faculty? Do they hold office hours? Do they have an open-door policy? Are their offices easy to find?
    Did you feel cared for on your visit?
    Where do the law students generally live?
    How do the current students feel about the facilities, faculty, and administration?

Good luck!