Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review Score

NathanialNathanial Alum Member
edited December 2014 in General 124 karma
Hi guys,
Just wanted your take on this. For the past three tests now i have seen my blind review score go up. 158-165, but my actual score is not increasing as much and there is still a 10 point gap. What would you recommend to fix the problem, if there is one? Let me know your thoughts.

Writing the Feb exam
done 9 PTs

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    edited December 2014 2116 karma
    Have you been you been doing any kind of drilling aside from your PT's?
  • NathanialNathanial Alum Member
    edited December 2014 124 karma
    Not yet. I have been leaning towards getting the Cambridge sets so i can work on drills. Maybe take 2-3 days off from doing PTs and do drills from Cambridge LR sets?
    2116 karma
    I would get the Cambridge drilling packets PT 1-38 and start drilling asap for the next 2 weeks or so. Your BR score is increasing so that's a good sign that you are learning the fundamentals of this test. Timing can be an issue if your real score hasn't been increasing, however. The idea behind drilling a LR question type or LG game type is that you become more familiar with them so that you can approach them quicker and with better accuracy. You should drill your main weaknesses and hopefully you should see an increase in accuracy and speed. I would save some PT's in the late 30's and early 40's and break them down to drill by timed sections. The idea is that you want to slowly transition into a full PT without sacrificing accuracy for speed.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    the fact that your BR is where it is at makes it not too surprising that your timed score is not varrying too much. You really want to get into the 170's which is where you have the fundamentals down. If you are still low 160's during BR that means when you have the time you still aren't having it click and is a huge problem especially when you are under time constraints. Def listen to licknee10 and drill, you want to get the fundamentals down more firmly
    124 karma
    Thanks guys. I just got the packets and gonna start drilling from easy to hardest. Going to be strict with timing in myself just to I can get faster. Any specific advice for drilling techniques?
    2116 karma
    Don't forget you can also BR drilling as well.
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    @nathanial Keep in mind, drilling isn't really about timing. You should not get ANY questions wrong. The idea is more about doing the same problem type repeatedly so that you pick up on the patterns. Your time will drop as you get better. For each type, don't worry about timing until you're at least 20 or 30 questions deep.
    124 karma
    @joegotbored-1 excellent point. That's what I was just noticing. Familiarity with the questions should help with recognizing the main pattern for each difficulty level. Hope this works. Thanks for posting
    124 karma
    @Licknee10, I will definitely be doing a BR for everything at this point. It might take a longer time to get everything done but at least when I'm done i know i have solidified the concept :)
  • liuyolandaliuyolanda Free Trial Member
    21 karma
    My PT is around 156, and BR is 175ish. Bombed RC many times, -13 sometimes. After BR, still 3 -5 wrong!!Any suggestion for RC? How to drill RC?practice by group,e.g. Science, humanities, law etc?
    By the way, The drilling by question type significantly improved my BR LR (2-3 wrong in total) score though no obvious improvement in the test score yet.