Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage Proctor App: Realistic LSAT Settings

ask_1188ask_1188 Alum Member
in Off-topic 6 karma

I just downloaded the 7Sage app and I'm curious what to set the background and distraction levels to in order to simulate a realistic exam setting. I usually study in complete silence, but this isn't how it'll be when I take the LSAT in July. Any suggestions on settings would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    edited May 2019 917 karma

Depends on ur test center and other conditions. My friend took it at a hotel and there was a miss america pageant and he told me it was incredibly noisy. Another one of my friends had his proctor leave the room and answer a call during RC but everyone in the room could hear the convo. On the 7sage app, I would probably set the noise at a 3. I wonder if you're allowed to wear headphones while taking the test.

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

I would take it in a library. Or a coffee shop if you want to ramp up distractions. That should be fine. The vast majority of test taking situations will be captured by taking it in a library. And most of the remaining will be by coffee shops. Testing for the anomaly situations (2% or less) is probably not needed.

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

@cooljon525 said:
    Depends on ur test center and other conditions. My friend took it at a hotel and there was a miss america pageant and he told me it was incredibly noisy. Another one of my friends had his proctor leave the room and answer a call during RC but everyone in the room could hear the convo. On the 7sage app, I would probably set the noise at a 3. I wonder if you're allowed to wear headphones while taking the test.

Headphones definitely forbidden!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

The white noise/background sounds are helpful but I’d highly recommend actually taking the tests in a distracting environment. A public library is IMO the closest you can come to approximating test conditions. I recommend taking them in a variety of places so that no matter what happens on test day, you’ll be ready. Take some in complete silence. Take some in a library. Take some in a Starbucks or a mall. Mix it up! There’s no telling what level of distractions you’ll have on test day.

• ask_1188ask_1188 Alum Member
    6 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    The white noise/background sounds are helpful but I’d highly recommend actually taking the tests in a distracting environment. A public library is IMO the closest you can come to approximating test conditions. I recommend taking them in a variety of places so that no matter what happens on test day, you’ll be ready. Take some in complete silence. Take some in a library. Take some in a Starbucks or a mall. Mix it up! There’s no telling what level of distractions you’ll have on test day.

Thank you! I am actually going to take a practice LSAT tomorrow at the public library to see how it goes.