Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lower than usual?

andore16andore16 Alum Member
edited January 2015 in General 6 karma
Hi all,

As we all already know our scores from the December LSAT, I thought I would put this out there and get some opinions. The December test was my second time taking the LSAT as I took it in June. I scored 7 points higher than my first LSAT but unfortunately 4 points lower than my average has been on my timed practice tests from 7sage. As far as applying for schools should I just take that as test day jitters and send out my applications or maybe take the test in February. Also would it look bad to take the test 3 times to some schools? Im kind of confused as to what I should do right now, so any input would be appreciated.

Comments

• andore16andore16 Alum Member
    6 karma
    Also I guess the question is, is it worth putting applications off another 2 months to get a score that may be only slightly higher?
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    if you want to go this cycle I would say go ahead and apply with what you have but if you feel like you can do better keep studying and take again. When you get your new score if it is the same/lower, leave it be, if it is higher, send an email to the schools you applied letting them know your new score. I would also be ready to maybe hold off a cycle (if you happen to crush it a 3rd time) so you can get the most out of it with schools you werent expecting to apply to. as for 3 takes thing... It isnt that big of a deal, most schools care about your best/highest and less than a handful avg
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Yeah...am with jdawg113 here... plus it depends on what your personal score and situation is... the lower your score is, the greater the return from retaking. Plus depends on which rung of schools you are applying to and whether you have what they need and whether the extra points will get you money. What does the possibility of starting law school a year late mean to you? These are permutations and combinations that only you can do for your self.
  • andore16andore16 Alum Member
    6 karma
    Yeah I definitely want to apply for this cycle. I already held off of this year because of poor planing on my part. I think what I am going to do is apply now with what I have and then send them an email with the new score when i do take it. I think that seems like the best option for me currently.