Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help for no progress

LLtakes the LSATLLtakes the LSAT Alum Member
in Logic Games 7 karma

I am trying to get a 175 or above in July. I typically get -1 on each LR section and 0 to -2 on RC. I am getting -2 wrong on almost every Logic Games-- it is not a time issue and there is no consistency in the questions I get wrong although almost always the wrong answers are either in game 3 or 4. I would like to get down to -1 or 0 on games. I'm not sure what to do at this point to help improve. Would foolproofing games at this level be helpful or should my time be spent another way. Sometimes its a missed inference, sometimes I misunderstood the question, and very rarely I am just stumped. Once I go over the questions I get wrong I seem to get it and can do the game again correctly but then there is another error on a different game. I have taken approximately 15 tests so far all with - 2 on logic games. Thanks.

Comments

• 20 karma

I think the best strategy is to foolproof the games if you're shooting for a perfect or near perfect score. I'm shooting for a high 170s too and LG has been my weakness. I had -2 or -3 due to stupid mistakes upon review and the only way is to work and re-work and re-work ALL the games until it's total mastery. I actually made a spreadsheet and started to write down specific performance ratings and patterns for each game, etc and I'm doing it until it's 100% mastered and I can't make any more mistakes. It's helped a lot by ingraining these repetitive inferences and time-saving strategies for eliminating answers. LG mastery it seems is all about practice so that these inferences are totally second nature and can't be missed.

• LLtakes the LSATLLtakes the LSAT Alum Member
    7 karma

Thanks. Will try that.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

It sounds like you have no idea what the underlying cause is. If you can't diagnose the issue any better, I do think you're just going to have to take a broad spectrum approach, and I do think FPing is the best way to do that. There is almost certainly an underlying reason for your various mistakes, so do examine those closely to see if you can't figure something out in order to take a more targeted approach.