Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interesting June Results

drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
in General 2227 karma

Happy to report that I improved to a 169 on the June test! This was my second attempt, and I am signed up for July to try to get over the 170 hump. As the title alludes to, I feel like this result was in line with my typical scores, but the way I got there was...different...

Typically I get between 3 and 5 wrong in RC, usually 2 or 3 wrong in each LR, and 2 or 3 wrong in LG. Pretty even. Not so on this test. I bombed RC (probably because it was my first section and I was amped up/rushing). Missed 9 questions in the first section alone (-1 P1, -3 P2, -3 P3, -2 P4). I think I've only ever had 1 test where I missed that many in a single section and it was early in my prep. I then proceeded to go -1 LR, -0 LR, -1 LG for a -11 overall.

I've been drilling RC hard these past few weeks and participating in the blind review calls (thanks J.Y.). Hopefully my July performance will be a little more even, but I am extremely happy with this result and grateful to the entire 7sage community. For all you future test takers out there, just remember that if you have a bad section you can still perform well on the rest of the test and get a good score!

Comments

• FCCLSATFCCLSAT Member
    45 karma

YAY!!!! That's awesome! I'm the same way my first section is always my worst one. I get SO nervous!

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

@FCCLSAT yep I warmed up and was nervous but excited. Just didn’t pay enough attention and tried to go too quickly. Lesson learned.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

I had a similar thing happen except I REALLY bombed RC. Went -12 but typically average -6 on RC. In fact, I can't remember the last time I missed more than 8 on RC. But the rest of the test went pretty good for me so I'm looking forward to July. You think it had to do with it being the first section? I did go -1 on the following LR section so perhaps there's some truth to it. If so, how can we fix it?

• Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
    2798 karma

Damn!! So clutch on those other sections! You'll bounce back and go deep into the 170's in July!

2227 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" I can only speak for myself, but on the November test I bombed my first section which turned out to be the experimental section. I finished strong but only really regained composure after the break. On this June test, I didn’t feel super strong about knowing the answers but had no idea I was missing that many per passage. Probably helped me keep it together.

2227 karma

@"Lucas Carter" Thanks!!! 🙏 congrats on your score today too!