Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Advice PLEASE!

lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
in General 3190 karma

Hi, I just recently purchased the 7sage ultimate. I have been studying for about a month now, with somewhere around 25 hours a week. I took my first Practice Test with the June 2007 diagnostic and got -28, which is a 156. Granted, this isnt a cold diagnostic as I finished most of the CC, just not all of the Problem Sets.

I got -6 on the LG, only doing 2 questions on the last game.
-17 in total on the two LR sections and -5 on the RC.

Being brutally honest, is it possible to get to a 170 by the October test date? 25 hours a week was pretty low commitment and I can do somewhere between 5-6 hours a day 7 days a week no problem.

What is a good study plan? I was planning to just do practice tests and blind review, while clearly focusing on LR and LG whenever Im not doing PT.

Comments

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    edited July 2019 703 karma

Sorry for a wishywashy answer, but I believe the answer is, it depends. If you are BRing in the high 160's, trending upwards, and get into the mid 170's by the end of August, that would indicate you are on the right track. It also depends on which sections you excel at. LG tends to be the easiest to see quicker improvement whereas RC tends to be harder.

Next, focus on consistent improvement, not just hitting it out of the park on one PT and then coming back down on the next one. The best chance of seeing a high score comes from consistently scoring around that area as opposed to luckily getting anomalous result here or there.

7sage approved tutor Jonathan Wang (who is a f*****g wizard who you should contact) told me that you should not be studying more than 6 hours a day, so take that as you will. If you BRing really high and don't have any particular problem with certain question types it is just the timed nature that is getting you, consider 1 or 2 (but never 3) PT's a week with BR and LG foolproof in between.

You should definitely get at least one hour with a dope tutor. It is impossible for me to overstate how worth it it is. Only a professional can really diagnose where you are at to make sure you are walking the right path at the right time. Just one hour should be enough for them to check your analytics and point you in the direction.

TL:DR It can be done, don't overtax yourself in the process, talk to a professional to get a pathway sorted and follow it.

Edit: Been studying 7 months, I have done CC, taken Blueprint, taken the LSAT (157), worked with 7sage tutor, and now consistently score in the mid 160's.