Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gulf Coast Flooding

turbodogturbodog Alum Member
edited July 2019 in July 2019 LSAT 41 karma

Looking at a Monday forecast for rain % is pretty irrelevant at this point. This is a "RAIN event", and therefore the major concern is going to be flooding and pooling. The span of rain associated with Barry is1138 miles...Matagorda Bay Tx - Florida (even the Bahamas)! The major issue isn't just what falls as rain. When rivers, lakes, and water sheds start overflowing, things get even more tricky.

What would LSAC do if we (and proctors) are unable to make it to their testing site?

I cannot see us losing the advantages of July 15th LSAT due to a natural disaster...

What can/could we possibly be looking at?

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

If they canceled your administration, I think that they would most likely give you a fee waiver for a future LSAT, but it would not have the perks of the July 15th LSAT (being able to cancel your score).

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    edited July 2019 470 karma

I cannot see us losing the advantages of July 15th LSAT due to a natural disaster...

.... why? If you don't end up sitting for the exam this month (for whatever reason), I would be quite surprised if you got those advantages at a future date. I doubt the LSAC thinks they "owe" those advantages to anyone.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

That's an excellent question. I know there was a hurricane a few years back and they ended up cancelling the test after it was already in progress when conditions became too bad. I want to say they actually rescheduled the test for later, but maybe I'm not remembering that right and they just gave out fee waivers. I think it would be worth a phone call to see. Especially with the unique circumstances around the July test, I'd just give them a call and find out for sure. Stay safe!

• turbodogturbodog Alum Member
    edited July 2019 41 karma

Thank you again. It should be clear that I do not believe in them owing the privileges. My assumption (no matter how flawed) was based solely on the ample evidence of altruistic behaviors that natural disasters tend to encourage.

Oh... the head of a Sociologist, the heart full of empathy and the spirit of my birth place (which happens to be New Orleans) forever raging through my veins.

My area (Houston) is likely to be manageable. My heart does go out to the entire Gulf Coast. If things go the way they are looking, many areas will have far more to worry about than the test.

All my best
    ~K B.S., M.A. & Registered Coonass State of Louisiana :wink: