Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to take Practice Tests

Kimberly-4Kimberly-4 Alum Member
in General 30 karma

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kimberly and I started my 7sage course about a month ago. I was wondering if somebody could give me their input as to whether I should completely finish the core cirriculum, and then start on practice tests, or take practice tests as I work on the curriculum. I plan on taking the LSAT in September and want to make sure that I get enough practice tests in, but am not too sure if finishing the course before continuing with the practice tests is the wiser option. What works or worked best for you?

Comments

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

If you plan on sitting for the exam in September, I recommend you start taking PTs by the end of the month. Take one a week for now and think about it as a way to gauge where you are, where you should spend more time focusing, etc.

• jxnlivjxnliv Alum Member
    13 karma

I also had did a condensed study schedule (about two and a half months). I definitely recommend starting PT's at least a month ahead of the test. If you find the number of repetitive problem sets too overbearing just skip some of them and move to the next section of CC to get through it more quickly and get exposed to all of the lessons.

Getting acclimated to testing/timed conditions is the most important. Also once you get a few PT's under your belt and have a more accurate idea of what you need to work on you can go back to the untouched problem sets to work on those skills.