Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Needing Help!

CRISPR24CRISPR24 Alum Member

Hi, I am a mom of three kids and have been graduated from US school with a MS in Chemistry many years ago. I am studying LSAT and hoping to achieve a good score to get in my dream Law School in 2020, registered both Sept and Oct tests. I have learnt LSAT fundamentals in the last one and half month and do feel have a good understanding now, however need to significantly improve my performance with speed, or I do not get to one quarter of the section or even half of the questions in timed PT. I do feel a lot to do is to make up the training on dense material reading and be able to go through questions and answer choices quickly which I am lacking, due to being in science major and English not being my first language! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, or anyone who is interested in counseling me on and off from time to time please do contact me. Thank you very much!

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Could you provide a little more information about what your current scores are and what you're hoping to get in September/October?

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    edited July 2019 470 karma

@ciacduan said:
    ...I have learnt LSAT fundamentals in the last one and half month and do feel have a good understanding now, however need to significantly improve my performance with speed, or I do not get to one quarter of the section or even half of the questions in timed PT.

Not getting to half of the questions makes me think that you don't have a very solid grasp on the fundamentals, so perhaps you would be best served by trying to identify which question types are giving you the most trouble and drilling those.

Additionally, try doing some timed sections with a 45-minute time limit rather than 35. If you are able to complete the questions in that amount of time (not be 100% sure on every question, obviously, but you have answered every question) then reduce the time limit by 2 or 3 mins next time you take a PT. This can help you make slow progress towards finishing sections in 35 mins.

I agree with @MissChanandler that knowing more about your current/target scores would be helpful.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

@MIT_2017 said:
    Not getting to half of the questions makes me think that you don't have a very solid grasp on the fundamentals, so perhaps you would be best served by trying to identify which question types are giving you the most trouble and drilling those.

I'm with MIT on this. If you aren't getting to even half of the questions, then you probably need to practice the material more and have a better understanding of the questions and what they are asking for.