Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Needing Help in deciding preparation for December Test

slizzardslizzard Member
edited October 2015 in December 2015 LSAT 105 karma
Hi Everyone,

I will officially finish 7sage curriculum tomorrow. It has taken me longer to get through the curriculum than expected according to my study schedule, but I felt that it was important for me to take my time understanding each point of the curriculum in depth. I started at the beginning of August, but have had some previous LSAT training in the past, so I feel confident about where I'm at in my understanding and in my decision to take my time.

However, part of me is frustrated with myself now because I'm having fears about the # of practice tests i will be able to take before December. I want to preface that I absolutely have to take the LSAT in December, this is not something i can put off nor is it something I want to put off (I've studied for the LSAT on and off for year, finally quit my job and moved home so i could dedicate sufficient time to studying for this). I know in a perfect world I would put it off until February and have more time with practice tests, but that is not an option at this point in my life for several reasons, so i need advice for the best possible outcome of my situation. I will obviously retake in February if needed, but my score has to count in December.

So, my question is: how many practice tests a week would you recommend me taking in order to most benefit from testing experience, blind review, and not burning out before December 5? I am a huge fan of Blind Review and see the difference in my ability to retain information after doing it, so by no means do I want to race through 40 tests without feeling I've done adequate review of each test. My only job is to study for the LSAT, so I have unlimited time to study/take PTs.

Thanks for your help,
Liz

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    You have less than 8 weeks now... So we are talking 20 PTs at the most. 2-3 per week with excellent clean copy BR. Take 5 before you really immerse yourself in the analytics.

And while I generally disagree with the absolutist all or nothing philosophy you are espousing, I think it is fine if you are realistic which means knowing you are not putting yourself in the best possible position and will likely be left attending one of your safety schools. If you are fine with that then drive on, but if not then you need to seriously reevaluate what you're doing. Things may very well work out better for you, but at least you won't be disappointed if they don't.
  • slizzardslizzard Member
    edited October 2015 105 karma
    Hi @Pacifico thank you for your advice. It's funny that you were the one who commented because I've always found your comments very helpful particularly in Logic Games and Reading Comp. I understand what I'm going up against, but also financially, I really don't have a choice so I will have to go through with my decision and hope for the best. Will you just reiterate to me what "excellent clean copy BR" looks like to you? I've done a lot of BR when going over sections and curriculum, but what does excellent BRing look like for a test? Just want to make sure I don't miss out on any little thing considering I won't have the opportunity to take all 40 before December. Thank you for your wisdom.
  • slizzardslizzard Member
    105 karma
    Hi @Pacifico just wanted to let you know i searched "clean copy BR" in the search tab of the discussion box and got a lot of great advice from you and others in the past regarding my question. I am interested in doing tutoring with you via Skype or phone, so i'd like to have a consultation with you next week if possible. I've been thinking more about what you said regarding me taking it in December and my "end all be all" attitude.. I am considering taking it in February to be more fully prepared because i don't like the idea of only taking 20 PTs and BRing when I know i need more time to fully master this test the way that i want. I'm not going to decide that until the end of this month though - i dont have a lot of statistics to go off of right now so I want to see how my PTs and BRs are before I decide. How can I schedule a consultation with you?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I'll PM you.