Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fool Proofing

Shawn NguyenShawn Nguyen Alum Member
in General 77 karma

How many games did you all foolproof and over what span of time?
Also, how many games do you foolproof a day? For me, I'm currently fool proofing 3-4 games a day.

Comments

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

Are you studying full time?

• Shawn NguyenShawn Nguyen Alum Member
    77 karma

@Regis_Phalange63 said:

Yes!

1058 karma

@"Shawn Nguyen" said:

@Regis_Phalange63 said:

Yes!

And when you said 3-4 games you didn't mean 3-4 sections of game, right? Just want to be clear.

• Shawn NguyenShawn Nguyen Alum Member
    77 karma

@Regis_Phalange63 said:

@"Shawn Nguyen" said:

@Regis_Phalange63 said:

Yes!

And when you said 3-4 games you didn't mean 3-4 sections of game, right? Just want to be clear.

Yeah, three to four individual games, not sections! That'd be a lot! Sorry for the misunderstanding. (:

1058 karma

@"Shawn Nguyen" said:

@Regis_Phalange63 said:

@"Shawn Nguyen" said:

@Regis_Phalange63 said:

Yes!

Yeah, three to four individual games, not sections! That'd be a lot! Sorry for the misunderstanding. (:

Then I say it's way too little especially when you're studying full time. When you go FPing, you wanna hit it hard. When I was FPing, I usually did 6 sections a day. That's 24 games. I did it everyday. I once did 8 sections a day. That's 32 games on a single day. Doing one section everyday won't really help you IMO because it doesn't force your brain enough to adapt to this new way of thinking/inferring.

• berathocamberathocam Alum Member
    164 karma

@Regis_Phalange63 said:

@"Shawn Nguyen" said:

@Regis_Phalange63 said:

@"Shawn Nguyen" said:

@Regis_Phalange63 said:

Yes!

Then I say it's way too little especially when you're studying full time. When you go FPing, you wanna hit it hard. When I was FPing, I usually did 6 sections a day. That's 24 games. I did it everyday. I once did 8 sections a day. That's 32 games on a single day. Doing one section everyday won't really help you IMO because it doesn't force your brain enough to adapt to this new way of thinking/inferring.

I'm not sure if I agree with you. Unless you're in a LG bootcamp, 24 or 32 games per day is too much. On average it takes 7 minutes to do a game and at least 25 minutes to foolproof it. That is 600 minutes or 10 hours per day for 24 games. When will you find time to study or do PT or do anything for that matter.

I find that LG is quite personal. If you take a look at the BR sessions we do or webinars we don't really talk about LG that much because it really depends on how much you personally can improve. Some people take very long and some people improve in a month.

With that being said, I think 3-4 games really is not enough. Again if we do a little calculation (sorry I always think mathematically) 4 games per day will do 120 games in a month and you should consider that you have to come back to these games periodically. I do not know how much time you will spend on studying but I will assure you that most of the people who do -0 in the games do all the logic games before they take the exam.