Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to properly schedule "breaks"

GETREQTLSATGETREQTLSAT Member
in General 65 karma

Hi y'all,

Thanks to those in advance who respond, these discussion forums and people's experiences have been pivotal in my success and progress.

I began my LSAT studies around late March and found 7sage at the beginning of April. I quickly switched and committed to JY's genius and this system. I've been studying around 45-50 hours a week (some days over 10, some days around 6-7 cause of work). I took my first timed digital test 5 days ago (and first timed test period) and hit 169. I then took another 2 days ago after comprehensive blind review and watching every dang explanation of the previous test, and hit 175. At this point I'm really ambivalent. I'm taking the test in October and want to aim for the 180 and not become too comfortable for fear of hitting below like 175-6 or something but I'm also beginning to feel the wear and tear. I've finally seen the fruits of my labor but know that, while I could, it might be counter-productive do this every single day until the end of October. After a month or so without a day off, I feel like taking a day or so helps with the next two weeks, but I never know WHEN or HOW to do this. When I'm not studying all I do is think about the test and I just want to study. How have you high scorers known when and how to pace yourself about 2.5 months before an exam? I know I'm really close, but refuse to take in September (NOT A MORNING PERSON)- so October is my bet to have apps ready early enough.

-A dude who hasn't seen his friends in like 5 months lawl

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Maybe go to the AMAs--they're on the podcast, the 7Sage webinars, and YouTube in most cases. Thinking the one(s) with Josh and quite possibly some other Sages have probably addressed this.