Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking too long on the first game

Isaiah4110Isaiah4110 Alum Member
in Logic Games 275 karma

I have noticed recently that I almost always take a long time on the first game. For instance, if 7Sage indicates that the game should be completed in 7 minutes, then it would take me 2 minutes longer. Regardless of the game type, this has happened both during warm ups and full length PTs. I’m either taking too long to diagram or have to refer back to the game board multiple times when answering questions (less confident?) This in turn messes up my timing for the rest of the section where I feel rushed.

Does this happen to anyone else? And what would be a good strategy to fix it?

Comments

• xenonhexafluoroxenonhexafluoro Alum Member
    428 karma

Maybe do a warm up before your PTs/test day with one or two games? I find that I just need to do warm ups before I take PTs/time sections, otherwise I don't perform my best.

• Isaiah4110Isaiah4110 Alum Member
    275 karma

Thank you!

• DanielMacTavishDanielMacTavish Alum Member
    161 karma

Will say as someone who took a full-length, in person course that the PowerScore Bible is a good supplement to reinforce what I learned - or didn't for that matter. I'm actually in the same boat as you in terms of time and it's left me unable to complete the LG section just about every time I take a PT.

I quickly learned after the conclusion of my course that I am clearly missing some things that I shouldn't be in terms of making timely inferences and the like, so I pretty much started back at square one for LG. I think for most of us LSAT folks, LG is our weakest section, but probably is the section where you can most quickly improve. I figure if I solidify this section to be around -3 at worst, I'll be in good shape. Always shooting for -0, though! Best of luck to you.