Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I retake?

dyingforpie123dyingforpie123 Free Trial Member
edited November 2020 in General 147 karma

test

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

If you think you can improve you should retake, although a 169 is a great score. Can you take it in October? November scores would be released closer to the new year so your application won’t be considered “early.” A score increase is worth more than applying early, but an increase is not guaranteed. I would try to take October so you are still able to apply in November with or without a score jump. Congrats on the great score today!!

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

One take is definitely not indicative of a limit, even though your GRE conversion is the same score. They really are completely different tests. I retook a 169 (my first take), so I'm a little bit biased, but I think that if you can study a bit more and retake it would be worth it depending on what you're shooting for/your GPA

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    855 karma

I would say keep and retake if that's your first LSAT -- a GRE equivalent (in my opinion) is a bit of an overestimate of how one will score on the LSAT. I put in maybe two weeks for the GRE and scored a "171" LSAT equivalent, but got a 165 on my first LSAT (after almost if not a year's worth of studying). Conversely, if you scored a 169 with little prep, then your potential to score higher is huge!