Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Degree or Cumulative GPA on Resume?

jasminesadejasminesade Alum Member

Hey all. I'm currently applying to law schools and purchased CAS on LSAC. I received an academic summary report with a degree GPA and cumulative GPA. Which one do law schools look at and my main question is: which one do I include on my resume? They are drastically different so I don't really know what to do.

Thank you!

Comments

• lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
    938 karma

Hi there, I believe they look at the cumulative GPA. I am not sure that it is necessary to state your GPA on your resume, considering the schools have access to that information already. I've been told that might be redundant.

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

This is a great question! I'm not too sure and maybe someone else might be able to answer better than me. Personally, I always state the GPA on a resume/CV and the GPA that I state is what is directly on my college transcript. If I were in your position, I would put the GPA that is on my transcript because I would think that admissions could always see the LSAC GPA if they wanted. But I haven't gone through this process yet so I could be wrong! Good luck!

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Cumulative is what they go by for percentiles for ranking, but they will see both cumulative and degree in your report.
    I actually took gpa out of my resume. It seemed redundant since they get that info anyway with the report, and it freed up space for what they did want (how many hours worked per week).

TL;Dr They'll get all your school records and grades and such. They'll know everything. But cumulative is what's used for their rankings and that is the most important gpa to them

• Mario RoboMario Robo Alum Member
    266 karma

I am leaving GPA out of my resume because they already have the school GPA and LSAC GPA so I figure that they don't need it twice.