Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you review your mistakes to ensure you don't make them again?

logicfiendlogicfiend Alum Member
edited January 2015 in General 118 karma
Hi everyone,

I'm a retaker hoping to sit for the June test. I work full-time, but I'm usually able to devote around 2 hours of studying after work each day and then multiple hours (5 to 6) on both weekend days. Even just studying for the test again, I can see that after hours of studying, I'm getting a better command of the material than I had before.

The one problem that I've noticed and can't really understand how to fix is identifying why I got a problem wrong and knowing how to avoid the mistake in the future, speaking only really about Reading Comprehension and Logical Reasoning.

I'm looking for patterns (I know they're there!), but I can't seem to make sure I don't get an Inference question wrong on RC again on the next practice section, for example.

I know the strategy depends on the person, but In general, how do you go through your mistakes and what do you do to really understand what went wrong for a question? Sorry if this thread already exists, but any help would be appreciated!